At High Hazels Academy we use our commitment to drive our own performance throughout the day. Please click here to see our home and school agreement
Nursery Hours are:
8:30 - 11:30 am
12:15 - 15:15 pm
School Hours: Years FS2 - Y6 [Doors open 8:40]
- Morning session (8.40am-12.30pm)
- Lunchtime session for FS2 Children - 11.30am - 12.30pm
- Lunchtime session for KS1 Children - 12.30pm - 1.30pm
- Lunchtime session for KS2 Children - 12noon - 1pm
- Children may stay at school for a hot school meal, bring sandwiches or go home for lunch
- Afternoon session (12.30pm – 3.05pm)
It is essential that children are punctual each morning as their classes and activities begin immediately after registration, which takes place at 8:45am. It is also essential that children are collected promptly at hometime. Please click here to view the school procedure for when children are collected late at hometime
Our attendance target this term is 97% Please click here to view our attendance newsletter
Every day your child is absent from school they miss five hours of high-quality education. Any absence has a significant impact on the progress a child makes.
If your child is ill and will not be attending school, please phone before 9.00am to let us know on 0114 244 2189.
Extended leave and holidays
Due to changes in legislation absence may only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
Schools do not have to authorise any term time leave and leave due to holidays is not a right. Any request made will be considered separately.
Click here to find out the dates of holidays for our school for 2019/20.