Y4 Swimming Information Every Tuesday
/ Categories: Class Blogs, Year 4
I am writing to inform you that children in Year 4 will be starting swimming lessons as part of their PE curriculum on Tuesday 7th September 2021. Pupils will attend school as normal on Tuesdays and will travel, supervised by school staff, via coach to the Ponds Forge Leisure Centre each week. The swimming sessions will run for 18 weeks until Tuesday 25th January 2022 and will be taught by qualified swimming instructors. The sessions are fully funded by school, and as they are part of the curriculum, all children are expected to participate. If for any reason your child is unwell and unable to participate in a session, please speak to school staff.
For each lesson your child will need to come to school dressed in their swimwear (underneath their school uniform).
They will also need to bring the following:
- A towel
- A waterproof bag
- A change of underwear
Please ensure you follow the guidance below:
- Your child should not bring or wear any jewellery, including ear piercings. Taping over piercings is not acceptable and will mean your child cannot participate in a swimming session.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- The teacher will ensure any medication which has been shared with school is taken with the child’s group. If your child has a medical need such as asthma, this information has been shared with school and an inhaler has been provided.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn each week. Please do not send your child in bikinis, shorts below the knee, heavy outdoor clothing or underwear.
- If your child is required to wear a long sleeve top and leggings, these should be lightweight materials and worn underneath or on top of swimwear.
- If your child requires goggles, these must be provided by you and you will need to inform your child’s class teacher prior to the first lesson.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher.
Mrs A Maqsood-Shah
Principal Update - further information regarding returning to school 2nd September
Arbor - New Management Information System