Multiplication Tables Check
/ Categories: Class Blogs, Year 4
Dear parents and carers,
In June, the Year 4s will be completing the Multiplication Tables Check (MTC). Here is some information about the assessment:
- The assessment consists of 25 multiplication questions up to 12 x 12 e.g. 6 x 8 =
- The questions will be weighted towards more challenging times tables (6, 7, 8, 9, 12).
- Children will have 6 seconds to complete each question.
- Children will have a 3 second gap in between questions.
- The check will be taken on a computer or an I pad.
- There is no pass mark.
- The purpose of the check is to identify which children do not know their multiplication tables so they can receive support in Y5 and 6 before they leave school.
- We will share your child’s score with you.
- Children have been learning their times tables in school and practise daily.
- Over the half term, we recommend that you support children to practise their times tables as much as possible. Here are some useful resources:
Its the end of Summer 1 term 😊 Let’s see what’s been happening in Y4…………………….
Its week 1 😊 Let’s see what’s been happening in Y4…………………….