4th September 2020
The Senior Leadership Team and I have been reviewing our start and end of day arrangements and I wanted to share with you some changes we will be implementing from Monday 7th September.
Firstly, I would like to thank all those parents who have been very co-operative and supportive over the last two days, by observing social distancing when queuing, arriving at the correct school gate and on time and supporting the staff team with the safe arrival and collection of our pupils.
However, many parents have not been following the agreed procedures and this has made our job as a school really challenging. Therefore, the school has looked at how else we can make this process of dropping off and collection of pupils easier and we have decided the following:
- There will be one time slot for each year group for drop off and collections.
- We will put even larger and more signage on all gates to support parents.
- Parents will have to arrive with the time slot allocated and only those parents should be at the front of the queue.
- Morning drop off- As we can only let one year group in school at a time, the year group lead will stand outside facing the queue allowing only children from that year group through the school gates. When their 15-minute time is up the next Year group lead will come the front and start letting through the next group of children.
Please note that if you miss your time slot then we are asking, for the safety of all, that you go to the back of the queue until we have taken in all pupils. Please do not come near the gate as the staff will not be able to speak with you then.
- Collection of children at the end of the school day – We can only let one year group out at a time. The year group lead will stand outside facing the queue and they will call out your child’s name to come out. This will be a slightly slower process as we will need to ensure that each pupil is handed over safely to their adult.
Listed below are the School start and end time for all year groups for your reference. This information is also on our website.
I urge all our parents to support us by doing the following:
- Arrive at school at the designated time
- Ensure that you are at the correct gate
- Always observe social distancing
- Be patient
I am sure that with your help and support we can ensure that all pupils start school on time and are collected safely at the end of the day. Your support with this also means that I can keep my staff safe and well and that no learning time is wasted.
I look forward to having our first full week at school with all our pupils next week.
Wishing you all a restful weekend.
Mrs A Maqsood-Shah