Our school will be taking part in the 10 day Active Travel Challenge starting on Monday 14th and finishing on Friday 25rd June 2021.
The challenge is for pupils & their families to choose an active way of getting to school over the 10 day period. During the challenge each classroom will have a wall chart on which pupils who have travelled actively will record their journey. Those pupils with 10 stickers on the chart at the end of the 10 day challenge will be awarded a prize.
Walking, cycling, skating, scooting and park & stride are all active ways of travelling and we hope by taking part in the challenge it will:
- Improve health & wellbeing of our pupils & their families
- Encourage pupils and families to be more active
- Reduce congestion and parking problems around our school
- Improve air quality around school
- Promote active travel for the journey to school and for families to continue to do this after the challenge!